Advert - Procurement Officer LSP
Posted 182 days ago
The Mission of Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited is to provide quality water and sanitation services to customers in Lusaka Province using commercially and environmentally sustainable strategies. In order to achieve this, the Company must have a human capital of dynamic and energetic staff who are performance driven and who possess the requisite competencies. In this regard, the Company is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for the under-listed vacant position.
REPORTS TO: Procurement Specialist
LOCATION: Lusaka under the Lusaka Sanitation Program
CONTRACT TERMS: Contractual for Non-LWSC Employees
To assist the Procurement Specialist in planning and coordinating procurement activities and contract management on all projects under the Infrastructure Development Division, ensuring transparency and economy.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual procurement plan in the form specified by the international financing institutions (IFIs) such as the World Bank, the EIB, the AFDB and KfW.
- Assists in the implementation and monitoring of progress of all planned procurement activities.
- Prepares solicitation documents in the format required by the IFIs and advertises invitations for bids.
- Prepares evaluation reports in readiness for submission to LWSC Management and the IFIs for clearance.
- Prepares procurement committee papers for submission to the LWSC Procurement Committee.
- Drafts and issues contracts, terms and conditions and Schedules, and ensures effective management of contracts.
- Assists in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports for all procurement activities undertaken.
- Ensures that all procurement transactions are well documented, up to date and uploaded in STEP .
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supply, Production Management, Economics, Business Administration, Engineering, Law; or equivalent.
- Graduate Diploma in Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
- A minimum of at least 3 years’ experience managing procurements, preferably for Government and/ or internationally financed projects.
- Must have significant training and practical experience in procurement within the National Public Procurement or internationally financed projects. He or she must have a sound understanding of procurement guidelines and procedures applying to World Bank, Zambia Public Procurement Authority and/ or internationally financed projects.
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply with a valid ZIPS practicing certificate.
OTHER ATTRIBUTES FOR POSITIONS
- Must have good Communication Skills
- Must be customer service oriented
- Must be achievement oriented
- Must have initiative and integrity
- Must have organization commitment
- Must have the ability to work under pressure
- Must demonstrate reliability and confidentiality
Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company values the provision of equal employment opportunities. Therefore, women, men and persons with disability are all encouraged to apply.
Applications together with copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae and three (3) names of referees should reach the undersigned or emailed to email@example.com not later than 6th August 2021.
Director Human Resources and Administration
Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company Limited
Plot 871, Katemo Road, Rhodes Park
P O BOX 50198