Environmental and Safeguards Officer
Posted 116 days ago
EXTERNAL JOB ADVERTISEMENT
The Mission of the Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited is to provide quality water and sanitation services to customers in Lusaka Province at commercially and environmentally sustainable levels. In order to achieve this, the Company endeavours to ensure that adequate staff with the right skills are available as required. LWSC now seeks to recruit a dynamic and energetic person who is performance driven, and invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians to fill the vacant position of Environmental and Safeguards Officer on permanent and pensionable basis. The suitable candidate will report to Manager Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
To ensure that all project activities are implemented in line with the requirements of the Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF), Resettlement Policy Framework (RPF), Zambian Environmental Laws and with all Safeguard Standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management, Water Engineering, Civil Engineering or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in environmental and social safeguards.
- Experience in engagement and management of contractors on technical environmental projects.
- A strong understanding of Zambia’s environmental legislation, environmental management systems and associated environmental matters, including water management, bio-security, heritage and contamination.
- Demonstrable understanding of Environmental and Resettlement policies.
- Should be a self-starter and able to work long hours with minimum supervision
- Demonstrate good communication skills with aptitude to interpret data,
- Computer Literacy in Microsoft office and Microsoft Project
- Team Player with multitasking skills
- Adequate knowledge of Project Management.
- Ability to review safeguards instruments and provide adequate guidance to both management and consultants.
LWSC values the provision of equal employment opportunities. Therefore, women, men and persons with disability are all encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, females will be given preferential consideration.
Applications together with copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae and three (3) names of referees should reach the undersigned or e-mailed to jobs a@ lwsc.com not later than 12th October 2021.
Director Human Resources and Administration
Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company limited
Plot No. 871, Katemo Road
P.O BOX 50198