Posted 51 days ago
The Mission of Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited is to provide quality water and sanitation services to customers in Lusaka Province using commercially and environmentally sustainable strategies. In order to achieve this, the Company must have a human capital of dynamic and energetic staff who are performance driven and who possess the requisite competencies. In this regard, the Company is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for the under listed vacant positions, on one (1) year fixed term contract.
Reporting and Principal Responsibility
The Plumber will be directly accountable to the Superintendent responsible for minor maintenance and repair work on water distribution meters, infrastructure as well as carry out customer care functions on behalf of the company.
The specific key tasks of Plumber shall include;
- Plumbing works at customer premises and distribution network.
- Responsible for the implementation of all assigned duties and submission of relevant reports.
- Connects all assigned new water and sewer connections in adherence to set standards.
- Excavates and prepares the site as assigned by the Superior.
- Ensures that health, safety and environmental aspects are upheld.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- School Certificate
- Craft Certificate in Plumbing and Sheet Metal or Water Operations
- One (1) year experience
Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company values the provision of equal employment opportunities. Therefore, women, men and persons with disability are all encouraged to apply.
All applications letters together with photocopies of certificates, detailed curriculum vital should reach the address below not later than 1st April 2022.
Director Human Resources and Administration
Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited,
Plot No. 871, Katemo Road,
PO BOX 50198