Senior Engineer - Kafue Branch
Posted 395 days ago
The Mission of Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited is to provide quality water and sanitation services to customers in Lusaka Province using commercially and environmentally sustainable strategies. In order to achieve this, the Company must have a human capital currency comprised of dynamic and energetic staff who are performance driven and who possess the requisite competencies to deliver on expected targets. As part of our efforts to achieve this, the Company is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for One vacant position of Senior Engineer - Kafue Branch, on permanent and pensionable basis.
- Job Purpose
The job-holder will be reporting to the Manager Kafue Branch and will be responsible for planning and coordinating operations for effective and efficient management of water production and transmission from the Kafue River Water Intake(s), Water Treatment Plants at Iolanda, Kaseba and Chilanga Estates, Chilanga Booster Station, and Sewerage Treatment Plants plus associated infrastructure for these areas.
- Key Responsibilities
- Planning and undertaking engineering and technical analysis and evaluation of performance against installed capacity of waterworks facilities and equipment such as borehole pumps, booster pumps, and chlorine dosing facilities.
- Overseeing operations of water and sanitation facilities focusing on effectiveness and efficiency for attainment of approved quality standards.
- Preparation of technical specifications and estimates for plant facilities for installations and replacements.
- Developing and optimizing water supply regimes in liaison with Superintendents in the different towns in order to have optimized and equitable water supply for all customers.
- Preparing and implementing preventive maintenance plans, and carrying out repairs of the Water Supply and Sanitation infrastructure and appurtenances.
- Planning and coordinating works for timely repair of leakages on transmission networks and the distribution networks together with the associated appurtenances in order to reduce physical losses.
- Ensuring that individual performance targets, skills assessment and development targets are set and appraisals are undertaken with the supervisors.
- Swift and timely identification of probable risk issues in your area of operation, and ensuring that these are attended to as required.
- Timely preparation and submission of comprehensive technical reports pertaining to water production, and wastewater collection, treatment and effluent disposal on a monthly and quarterly basis, or as required.
- Qualifications and Experience
- School Certificate or General Certificate of Education
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Civil Engineering
- Five (5) years’ experience in a similar role preferably in water and sanitation related environment
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (MEIZ)
- Registered Engineer under the Engineers Registration Board (REng)
- Valid Driver’s license will be an added advantage
- Possess a high level of broad problem solving and analytical skills with ability to work under pressure
- Innovation and proactive thinking ability
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good critical and reactive thinking skills.
- Strong leadership qualities and team building capabilities
- Planning and personal organization; should be results oriented
- Good communication skills
LWSC values the provision of equal employment opportunities. Therefore, women, men and persons with disability are all encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, females will be given preferential consideration.
Applications together with copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae and three (3) names of referees should reach the undersigned or e-mailed to email@example.com not later than Friday 20th May 2022.
Director Human Resources and Administration
Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company limited,
Plot No. 871, Katemo Road,
P.O BOX 50198