Senior Engineer - Mechanical
Posted 10 days ago
The Mission of Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited is to provide quality water and sanitation services to customers in Lusaka Province using commercially and environmentally sustainable strategies. In order to achieve this, the Company must have a human capital currency comprised of dynamic and energetic staff who are performance driven and who possess the requisite competencies to deliver on expected targets. As part of our efforts to achieve this, the Company is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for One vacant position of Senior Engineer - Mechanical, on a permanent and pensionable contract basis.
- Job Purpose
The job-holder will be reporting to the Manager Maintenance and will be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing the maintenance and repair functions in LWSC in order to ensure maximum availability of all plant and equipment that efficiently and economically support company operations.
- Key Responsibilities
- Preparing and implementing the annual preventive maintenance schedules for all plant and equipment in order to enhance smooth operations.
- Developing and monitoring mechanical maintenance plans to maximise plant and equipment availability.
- Supervising contracted mechanical maintenance works to ensure that contractors are up to standard and complete tasks in time.
- Carrying out periodic worksite inspections to determine adherence to project objectives, work standards and safety practices, and furthermore, rectifying the deficiencies identified or recommending areas needing improvements in the performance of projects.
- Preparing engineering reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing data and trends for the performance for all water and sanitation Plants.
- Swift and timely identification of probable risk issues in your area of operation, and ensuring that these are attended to as required.
- Undertaking and agreeing to performance targets and conducting appraisal for all staff under supervision.
- Timely preparation and submission of technical advice pertaining to mechanical maintenance and repair and comprehensive reports on a monthly and quarterly basis, or as required.
- Qualifications and Experience
- School Certificate or General Certificate of Education
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Mechanical or Electromechanical Engineering
- Five (5) years’ experience in a similar role preferably in a water and sanitation related environment
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (MEIZ).
- Registered Engineer under the Engineers Registration Board (REng)
- Valid Driver’s license will be an added advantage
- Behaviour Qualities
- Possess a high level of broad problem solving and analytical skills with ability to work under pressure
- Innovation and proactive thinking ability
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good critical and reactive thinking skills.
- Strong leadership qualities and team building capabilities
- Planning and personal organization; should be results oriented
- Good communication skills
LWSC values the provision of equal employment opportunities. Therefore, women, men and persons with disability are all encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, females will be given preferential consideration.
Applications together with copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae and three (3) names of referees should reach the undersigned or be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 20th May 2022.
Director Human Resources and Administration
Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company limited,
Plot No. 871, Katemo Road,
P.O BOX 50198