DIRECTOR COMMERCIAL SERVICES
Posted 141 days ago
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY- DIRECTOR COMMERCIAL SERVICES
The Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (LWSC) is a Commercial Water Utility whose mandate is to provide quality water and sanitation services to customers in Lusaka Province in a commercially and environmentally sustainable manner in line with the Water Supply and Sanitation Act Number 28 of 1997. In order to achieve this, LWSC now seeks to recruit a dynamic and innovative person who is performance driven, to fill the vacant position of Director Commercial Services on a three-year fixed term contract:
Reporting to the Managing Director, develops Commercial Policies and Business Strategies that support the achievement of Organizational goals with regards to revenue generation, water and sanitation sales, and customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides vision and leadership in the Commercial Directorate, motivates and evaluates staff in order to ensure attainment of the Directorate’s strategic objectives
- Formulates and ensures implementation of policies, strategies and action plans for the Commercial Directorate designed to achieve its objectives of improving efficiencies and increasing the customer and revenue bases.
- Prepares and recommends a budget for the Directorate aimed at carrying out approved strategies and plans to provide quality services to existing and new customers.
- Conducts research regularly to identify developmental projects, ways to improve revenue collection and measures to clamp down on commercial losses.
- Sets revenue generation and collection targets for each operational area and monitors performance, providing the required support -financial and material resources, taking corrective action where necessary to ensure targets are met.
- Develops and reviews relevant commercial processes and procedures such as the billing system, customer relationship management procedure to guide activities and increase operating efficiency and effectiveness in the Directorate.
- Develops, instils and maintains a positive customer centric culture in staff through providing training workshops, establishing appropriate procedures whilst providing leadership so as to establish good customer relations with clients.
- Cultivates conducive work culture in the Directorate that aims at providing excellent services and customer relations thereby establish the appropriate business environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Management or Financial related field
- Ten (10) years post qualification experience with at least 5 years at senior management level.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or its equivalent
- Leadership and strategic thinking
- Good and proven business acumen with an entrepreneurship mindset
- Excellent communication skills, oral, written and presentation
- Stakeholder management including key accounts, Customer Service and Relationship Management
- Analytical and problem solving
- Good people management
LWSC values the provision of equal employment opportunities. Therefore, women, men and persons with disability are all encouraged to apply.
Applications meeting the above requirements together with a cover letter, certified photocopies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae with three traceable references should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR DIRECTOR COMMERCIAL SERVICES” or electronically to the address below not later than 31st January,2023
The Managing Director
Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
Plot No. 871, Katemo Road Rhodes Park
PO BOX 50198