Engineer -Network Efficiency and Water Use Audits
Posted 48 days ago
Plan and coordinate water demand management activities to ensure effective and efficient water supply service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides installation schedules and supervises installation and maintenance of bulk water meters in accordance with company metering policy.
- Perform analyses of water supply networks to model flow characteristics, test for pressure losses, or to identify opportunities to mitigate risks and improve operational efficiency.
- Coordinate and implement activities pertaining to reading of bulk meters, analyses district water consumption and compiles preliminary monthly non-revenue water (NRW) report.
- Assist in estimating costs for proposed water distribution system construction and related capital expenditure items.
- Offer technical support to maintenance and operation teams to ensure efficiency in the delivery of water services.
- Manage and encourage staff, optimizes their outputs and effectively manage relationships in order to achieve organizational goals.
- Prepare and submit comprehensive technical reports pertaining to network efficiency to the Senior Engineer Network Efficiency on a monthly basis.
- Prepare of water supply network analysis reports.
- Performs any other duties that may be delegated from time to time by superiors.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor`s Degree in Civil or Water Engineering or its Equivalent.
- Two (2) years’ experience.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia