Posted 48 days ago
Plan and coordinate the implementation of maintenance activities on electro-mechanical equipment, storage, transmission systems and other related infrastructure to ensure effective and efficient delivery of water supply services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare scheduled maintenance plans in-line with the Asset management Policy, Maintenance protocols and recommendations from respective equipment manuals to make sure they run smoothly and reliably
- Coordinate and Implement the approved preventive maintenance schedules on water production and transmission infrastructure to ensure it operates efficiently with minimal disruption on operations.
- Undertake diagnostic investigations on equipment for early detection of potential faults and coordinate the subsequent preparations for the implementation of corrective action.
- Coordinate the implementation of activities for responding to emergent break-downs and/or failures of machinery, plants and water supply infrastructure to stop further deterioration.
- Managing stock of supplies by timely initiating the process for mobilization / procurement of the appropriate specialized equipment, tools, fixtures, fittings or any materials as may be deemed necessary for the repair works.
- Supervise and motivate maintenance staff for optimization of their outputs through effective management of the relationships in order to enhance the achievement of the Company goals.
- Implement assessments and controls to ensure compliance to health and safety regulations in-line with the Occupational health and Safety Policy inclusive of provision of Personal Protective Equipment-PPE demanded by special tasks.
- Custodian of critical equipment repair / maintenance records inclusive of the analysis and interpretation of the data helpful in creating innovations and procedures to guide decision making by management.
- Prepare and submit comprehensive technical reports to the Senior Engineer as per requirement – daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Performs any other duties that may be delegated from time to time by the Supervisors.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor`s Degree in Electro-mechanical /Mechanical or its equivalent
- Two (2) years experience related to maintenance planning and implementation
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia
LWSC values the provision of equal employment opportunities. Therefore, women, men and persons with disability are all encouraged to apply.
All applications together with photocopies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae should reach the Director Human Resources and Administration no later than 5th May 2023.
Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
Plot No. 871, Katemo Road
P.O BOX 50198