Posted 48 days ago
The Legal Assistant is responsible for the administrative functions of the Department. Provides support preparation and filing of documentation at any relevant Tribunals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Legal Officer in collating of documents for legal proceedings.
- Assist the Legal Officer in the preparation and drafting of Court documents.
- Files documents at Ministry of Lands, Lusaka City Council, PACRA, Courts or any Tribunal registries.
- Files and maintains an electronic data base of all contracts, lease agreements, and all the necessary documentation for the department.
- Conducts research as requested by the Supervisor.
- Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with advocates.
- Meeting management; call for meetings on behalf of the Supervisor, take minutes and arrange for refreshments where necessary.
- Ensure payment for pigeon hole and regular check up on the pigeon hole.
- Perform all general administrative functions of the department; diary management; trip preparation; practicing license renewal; document filing and archiving; Departmental subscriptions and licenses.
- Performs any other duties as delegated by superiors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- School Certificate
- Diploma in Law
- Knowledgeable about conveyancing processes
- Proficient computer skills and conversant with legal research software.
- A minimum of two-year experience working in a law firm or legal department of an organization/institution.
LWSC values the provision of equal employment opportunities. Therefore, women, men and persons with disability are all encouraged to apply.
All applications together with photocopies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae should reach the Director Human Resources and Administration no later than 5th May 2023.
Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
Plot No. 871, Katemo Road
P.O BOX 50198