Director Infrastructure Planning and Development
Posted 74 days ago
The Mission of the Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (LWSC) is to provide climate resilient quality water supply and sanitation services. In order to achieve this, the Company endeavours to have a pool of talent with appropriate qualifications, experience, skills, attitudes and abilities. LWSC now seeks to recruit a dynamic, result oriented and energetic person to fill the following vacant position on a three-year fixed term employment contract.
Director Infrastructure Planning and Development – G2 x 1
To develop strategies, policies and procedures relating to infrastructure planning, investment delivery, asset management and development control in order to achieve organizational objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops long term infrastructure plans that focus on the need for water and sanitation services, and short term implementation plans from the investment master plans.
- Develops systems to ensure that regulatory compliance and requirement of infrastructure development is adhered to.
- Develops and promotes asset management techniques for the company as well as formulate and implement procedures and techniques for the sustainable acquisition, installation, design, maintenance and renewal of all fixed assets.
- Prepares detailed implementation plans for service expansion from the Investment Master Plans, including breaking objectives into work packages and identifying resource requirements, potential risks and mitigation strategies.
- Coordinates activities of all development partners and international financing institutions to ensure non-duplication and conflict in implementation of activities.
- Ensures effective management of all contracts for consultants, non-consulting services and contractors for infrastructure development projects
- Prepares and presents comprehensive infrastructure development plans and reports to the Managing Director and other stakeholders.
- Manages and monitors projects cash flow and liaise with Finance Director to ensure accurate disbursement of requests to project financing institutions
- Compiles, manages and monitors capital projects and budgets within set parameters and timeframes
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in Civil/Mechanical or Municipal Infrastructure and or its equivalent from a recognized University/Institution.
- Master’s Degree in Civil/Mechanical Engineering /Municipal Infrastructure, or Project Management/ Business Administration or any other relevant qualification at post graduate level.
- At least eight (8) years relevant experience with not less than five (05) years at senior management level preferably in Water Supply and Sanitation related activities.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Strategic orientation/Business planning skills
- Project Management skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication, Leadership and Management skills
LWSC values the provision of equal employment opportunities, therefore, candidates who meet job specification, experience and competencies are all encouraged to apply.
Please note that candidates who had earlier applied for this role will be expected to re-apply.
Applications together with certified photocopies of certificates and detailed curriculum vitae should reach the undersigned no later than 27th July, 2023.
The Managing Director
Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
Plot No. 871, Katemo Road Rhodes Park
PO BOX 50198